- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- For the Tenderloins: 2 10-ounce turkey tenderloins
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the Spicy Papaya Salsa:
- 1 medium papaya, seeded and diced
- 1 medium nectarine, pitted and diced
- 1 starfruit (carambola), diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Mango-Ginger Salsa:
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seed removed & diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 FOR THE TENDERLOINS:
2 Butterfly tenderloin by using a sharp knife and cut horizontally from the side, almost in half. Open, like a book and flatten tenderloin slightly by hand. With a clean paper towel, pat dry.
3 n a shallow dish, combine flour, cornmeal, cumin, salt and cayenne. Dip butterflied tenderloins into mixture, coating both sides well.
4 In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté coated tenderloins in oil for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until outside is golden brown, inside is no longer pink and the internal temperature is 170 degrees F.
5 Remove tenderloins and place on cutting board. Thinly slice across the grain. Serve with fruit salsas.
6 FOR THE SPICY PAPAYA SALSA:
7 In a medium bowl, combine papaya, nectarine, star fruit, green onions, yellow bell pepper cilantro, lime and orange juices, jalapeno and salt. Cover and allow to stand at room temperature for one hour.
8 FOR THE MANGO-GINGER SALSA:
9 In a medium bowl, combine mango, tomato, red bell pepper, onion, mint, ginger and salt. Cover and let stand at room temperature for about one hour.
10 NOTE: Salsas can be prepared several hours in advance and refrigerated, but should be served at room temperature
Source: National Turkey Federation