This easy Sautéed Quinoa with Scallions and Mint can be thrown together quickly for a warm side dish or a cold salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 large scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse quinoa several times in a strainer. Place quinoa and 1½ cups water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover the pan, and simmer until all water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, large skillet, or sauté pan over medium heat. Add scallions, and cook until they have softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Return quinoa to the pan, and cook, stirring to distribute ingredients evenly. Sprinkle mint, lemon peel, and salt and pepper to taste over the quinoa. Cook until the ingredients are hot, about one minute.