- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 tbs Chives, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup shallot or onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb White button or crimini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 8 cups spring mix (assorted baby salad greens)
1 Divide spring mix among 4 serving plates; set aside.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side.
3 Turn the mushrooms and stir in shallot or onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until shallot or onions begin to soften.
4 Remove from heat and transfer to a separate bowl.
5 Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and mix until sugar is dissolved.
6 Spoon mushroom mixture on top of greens and scatter fresh chives on top. Serve immediately.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com