- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 8 oz. hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 8 oz. sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 5 cups Water
- 3 large white potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb.), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 28- oz. can whole tomatoes, chopped, juice reserved
- 1 15- oz. can kidney beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup Sliced California Ripe Olives
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp.anise seed
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
2 Drain fat.
3 Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
4 Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.