- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 7 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounce Jack's Sweet Italian Sausage, sliced on diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- Salt to taste
Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and drizzle 2 Tbs. olive oil in pan.
Place water, 3 Tbs. oil, salt, flour, and yeast in a mixer bowl and beat on high for 1 minute. Place batter into pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
While dough is rising, prepare topping. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and sausage and continue sautéing until onion has softened, another 3 - 4 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Preheat oven to 375°. Poke dough with fingertips to create dimples. Top with sausage mixture and drizzle with 1 Tbs. olive oil.
Bake in center of oven 35 -40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let continue cooling on rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.