Jambalaya is a Louisana dish of meat and rice that usually takes a long time to cook and quite a bit of work, it is often made with shellfish as well. My version is made kosher and easy in a slow cooker. Give this easy jambalaya try.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb), cut into 1-inch cubes
½ pound beef sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
1 cup white rice, raw
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, stock, rice, bay leaves, Cajun seasoning, oregano and hot sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours. Remove bay leaves before serving. Garnish with green onion to serve.