- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce Dressing
- 3/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Grated ginger root
- 3/4 cup Bottled hot pepper seasoning
- 12 Firm tofu slices (1 lb. 14 oz.), drained
- 3 quarts Cut salad greens (1 lb. 8 oz.)
- 3/4 teaspoon Diagonally sliced green onions
- 12 Small tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Soybean oil (vegetable oil), as needed
1 Ginger Dressing: Combine all ingredients; mix well.
2 Dry tofu slices thoroughly between several layers of paper towels. Lightly brush tofu with oil and Ginger Dressing; sprinkle with garlic salt. Grill tofu on a well-oiled grill* until golden brown on both sides.
3 Toss greens with remaining Ginger Dressing, portion onto individual serving plates. Place two tofu slices on each bed of lettuce; sprinkle with green onions and garnish with 2 tomato slices. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
4 Tofu may be cooked in a lightly oiled non-stick skillet over medium heat until golden on both sides.
Source: © 2010, Courtesy of United Soybean Board