Layer the dry ingredients for my Salted Almond Chocolate Cherry Cookies in a jar and attach a tag with simple baking instructions for the perfect make ahead gift or mishloach manot idea.
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup roasted salted almonds, crushed
- ½ cup dried cherries
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda and pour into the bottom of a 1 liter glass jar.
2. Layer brown sugar, white sugar, chocolate chips, almonds and cherries. Close jar tightly to secure.
3. Print and attach the following instructions to each jar:
"Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat ½ cup softened butter (or margarine), 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until fluffy. Add the entire jar of cookie mix and stir together. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Enjoy!"