Get creative and try any fish of your liking.
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 frozen puff pastry squares
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 pieces salmon fillet, each about 5 ounces, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 large egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted and looks foamy, add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are softened and the pan liquid has evaporated.
Add the wine, turn the heat to high and bring the liquid to a boil. Cook until the wine has evaporated.
Remove the pan from the heat and season the ingredients with the dill and some salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
Roll each pastry square into a 6-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Spread equal amounts of the mustard in the center of each square. Spoon equal amounts of the mushroom mixture on top. Place one salmon filet over the vegetables on each square. Brush a film of beaten egg around the perimeter of each puff pastry square. Place a second square over the fish, then wrap the fish by crimping the edges all around. Place the packages on a cookie sheet. Brush with some egg. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.