- 4 ServingsServings
- 16-20 ounce fresh salmon, about 1-1/4-inches thick
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1-1 1/2 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat a grill, broiler or grill pan.
Brush the salmon with a film of vegetable oil and grill, broil or pan-broil for about 4 minutes per side or until cooked but still rare.
Remove the fish from pan to a cutting board and cut into chunks and set aside to cool slightly.
Cook the couscous until al dente, drain and place in a large bowl. Add the peas, cheese, scallions, cranberries, orange peel, dill and mint. Toss gently to distribute the ingredients evenly.
In a small bowl mix the vegetable oil, lemon juice and orange juice. Pour over the ingredients and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.