- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 cups (585g) cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup (40g) golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces/170g each), skin removed
- 1 medium fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced in 8 rounds
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Preheat broiler.
2 Combine rice, raisins, orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
3 Place 4 sheets of foil (12” x 12”) on large baking sheet.
4 Spoon equal amounts of rice mixture in center of each sheet. Top rice with salmon; sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper.
5 Top salmon with equal amounts of fennel and arrange onion slices over fennel. Squeeze juice from one orange evenly over all and drizzle with oil.
6 Wrap foil over contents and pinch ends tightly to form individual packets; broil 6 to 7 inches from heat source 20 minutes or until salmon is opaque in center.
Recipe courtesy of David Dahlman www.usarice.com and www.wholegrainscouncil.org