These appetizers of pastry wrapped flavored salmon make a beautiful presentation, and taste divine.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 appetizers ServingsServings
- 4 (4-ounce) slices baby salmon, skin removed, cut into two-ounce cubes
- Pastry dough
- Dilled Dijon sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- 4 scallions, long green parts only, sliced in half lengthwise
- Prepare the Dilled Dijon Sauce.
- Meanwhile, prepare pastry dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add salmon cubes to Dilled Dijon Sauce, and toss well until sauce is evenly distributed over each piece.
- Arrange 1 salmon cube on the diagonal on each of the 8 prepared pastry squares. Working with one square at a time, fold each corner over the salmon neatly, cutting off excess dough as you go along. Turn over wrapped salmon and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.Brush each pastry wrapped salmon neatly with egg wash. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While salmon is baking, place scallions in a medium bowl and pour boiling water over them to completely cover. Allow them to sit for 2 minutes. Remove from water, and pat dry. Tie each baked salmon pastry box with a softened scallion, and serve.
Yield: 8 appetizers