Deep, smoky cedar scents seep into the salmon while grilling, lending it an incomparable flavor. Salmon can be presented on the plank...“oven to table” serving in a whole new light!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cedar plank, soaked for 1-4 hours in wine or beer
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 side of salmon
- 2 onions, sliced into rounds
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled, sliced into rounds
- 1 red pepper, cut into long, thin strips
- 6-8 baby portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Prep: Preheat grill to medium. Season the plank with sea salt and rub in to bring out the flavor. Rinse salmon and dry with paper towel. Place salmon on the plank and surround with vegetables. Brush fish and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
Grill: Place plank in center of grill and close the cover. Grill for approximately 30 minutes. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve fresh.
Cook's note - Cedar planks can be purchased in some grocery stores and may be soaked in a variety of liquids. If you have nothing on hand, water may be used.