Many times in cooking up simple dishes presentation is everything. Every homemaker likes to make an impression. Salmon is pretty basic appetizer offered at many festival meals but served in the shape of a flower makes it very special, and receives rave reviews from my guests! I serve rather small portions to leave room for the rest of the meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (optional)
- ½ tomato, pureéd
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 salmon fillets, cut in half lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients. Make a paste and smear the salmon steaks generously on all sides.
3. Oil a muffin tin well and take half a piece of fish and roll into the muffin tin. It should fit in comfortably. Bake at 425°F for 10- 15 minutes until fish is golden.
Note: Over-baking salmon will render it dry.
Recipe posted with permission from Kosher Classics: Menus and Customs Around the Jewish Year