As delicious as it is beautiful, the creamy tangy sauce, pink salmon, and green peas are the perfect marriage of flavors.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound skinless salmon filets
- 1 pound rotini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced sugar snap peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Place salmon on the sheet pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, flake the salmon into chunks with a fork.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water.
3. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic, peas, and green onion and cook for 4 more minutes or until just softened. Add goat cheese, lemon juice, and zest and stir until the cheese is melted. Add the flaked salmon to the pan and stir to coat well. Add a few tablespoons of reserved pasta water at a time to loosen the sauce, if needed. Add pasta and toss to evenly coat.
4. Remove from heat and stir in chives, salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and serve warm.
PREP TIP. It is easier to zest the lemon and then juice it.