I love the flavors of hazelnuts and sage, especially in the fall. Top that off with a rich roasted garlic dressing and you’ve got
yourself the perfect salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head lettuce (any variety), chopped
- 1 pint grape or Campari tomatoes cut in half
- 1 seedless cucumber, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted in oven with 2 tablespoons chopped sage, crushed
Prepare roasted garlic: you can either roast a whole head with the top sliced off and a little olive oil, salt and pepper drizzled on top at 400 °F for 30 minutes, or place 3 already peeled cloves on tin foil and drizzle the same way and roast about 15 minutes until golden. Reserve the remaining roasted garlic cloves for another use (great to spread on bread, top on pizza or add to sauces and dips).
For the salad:
1. Blend dressing ingredients, and set aside. Put all salad ingredients except the nuts in a bowl. Pour dressing and toss, sprinkle with nuts and serve.