Refreshing and cool! this salad is gorgeous and fragrant. the rosewater makes the cucumbers taste very floral (but not flowery!) and refreshing on a hot day.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 Persian or seedless cucumbers, shaved lengthwise into ribbons
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into supremes*
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- 1 small red onion, peeled and shaved into thin “strings”
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosewater
- Garnish: rose petals, chopped pistachios
Assemble all of the ingredients onto a platter and drizzle with olive oil and rosewater.
*CUTTING CITRUS SUPREMES
1 Start with a sharp paring knife and cutting board. Cut off a small section from the top and bottom of the fruit. This will give the fruit stability and keep it from rolling around.
2 Cut down the rind from top to bottom following the curve of the fruit. The goal is to remove the rind and the pith (white bitter part) but not the fruit. Continue until all of the rind has been cut off.
3 Hold the fruit in one hand and cut half way into the fruit at one of the dividing membranes.
4 Cut on the other side of the segment along the membrane. This should release the segment or supreme. Continue until all the segments are cut out. Squeeze the juice into a bowl and discard the membranes.