This salad combines a vibrant-looking and tasty romesco sauce and a Spanish roasted red pepper sauce with grilled white asparagus for an elegant presentation. You may have extra dressing, which can be used as a dip for bread, or works amazingly over roasted chicken, sh, or steak.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bunch white asparagus
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as colavita, divided
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package of spring mix lettuce
Preheat grill to medium heat.
1. Brush 2 tablespoons olive oil over asparagus or place in shallow dish with oil so asparagus is generously coated. Place on grill and cook for three minutes per side.
2. In a blender or food processor, place roasted red pepper, garlic, almonds, tomato paste, vinegar, ½ cup evoo, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth.
3. Place spring mix on platter, top with grilled asparagus. Drizzle romesco dressing over asparagus.