- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 serving ServingsServings
- 1 yellowtail snapper cleaned and scaled, with skin on about 3 pounds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Idaho Potatoes (90 count). peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch-thick slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 C. pitted alphonso or nicoise black olives
- 1 Tsp. chopped oregano leaves
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 C. dry sherry
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2 Make three slits, about 4 inches long, along each side of the yellowtail, about 3 inches apart.
3 Sprinkle with salt, and place in a deep-sided baking dish. Place remaining ingredients, including potatoes, in mixing bowl and mix well. Pour all around the yellowtail.
4 Bake until the fish flakes easily, 30 to 35 minutes.
5 Remove the dish from the oven. Divide fish and vegetables among plates. If desired, garnish with chopped parsley.
Idaho Potato Commission Recipe compliments of Chef Douglas Rodriguez of Patria, Los Angeles, CA.