- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt, as needed
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper or to taste
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, preferably Hass, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1 head hearts of Romaine, head hearts of Romaine, about 7 ounces
- 4 center-cut Salmon fillets the same thickness, 6 to 7 ounces each
- 1 lime, cut in eighths for garnish
Mix coriander, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt; reserve. Up to 4 hours before serving, mix pomegranate seeds, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, and garlic; gently fold in avocado. If holding more than 30 minutes, put plastic wrap against the surface of the salsa, then tightly cover; store in the refrigerator. Remove about 30 minutes before serving. Separate the romaine leaves; wash, then dry thoroughly. Reserve 4 of the most attractive leaves for garnish. Slice the remaining leaves crosswise in thin shreds; reserve.
To prepare the salmon, rub a generous teaspoon of the reserved seasoning mixture over each piece. Arrange the salmon on a baking sheet, skin-side down. Roast at 500˚ F about 11 minutes for medium rare (salmon should be spongy when pressed with a finger at its thickest part.) and 13 minutes for medium-well (salmon should be just firm when pressed with a finger at its thickest part.).
While the salmon cooks, mound 1/4 the shredded romaine on each of 4 serving plates. Top with 1/2 cup salsa. When salmon is done, let it cool slightly-- it should be warm but not hot. Put a piece of salmon on each plate; garnish each with a reserved romaine leaf and 2 lime wedges.
Source: California Pomegranates