Two of my favorite Passover snacks are cream cheese on matzo and matzo pizza. Simple, but so good. Here is a combo recipe that's a little fancier than your normal matzo dish!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 piece Matzo
- 8 ounce Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Roasted red peppers (store bought or home made; spicy or mild), drained
- 2 Cloves garlic, roasted
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili pepper flakes
- 2 cup Arugula
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, blend Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese, roasted red peppers and roasted garlic until smooth. Add salt to taste.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on matzo.
4. In a medium sauté pan heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms to the pan with a pinch of salt, oregano and red chili pepper flakes and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
5. Spread mushrooms evenly on matzo.
6. Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet until hot, about 5 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, whisk together 1 Tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Toss arugula in olive oil mixture and place on cooked matzo.
8. Serve immediately!