Roasted Plum Tomatoes are extremely versatile – I change the herbs depending on what I have in the fridge. It’s the go-to side dish for me because it is so easy and works nicely with so many other foods including steak, chicken, fish and so on.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 8 large plum tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh or dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2 Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and place them cut-side up in a baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer.
3 Scatter the garlic on top. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs, basil, and parsley. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4 Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the bread crumbs are crispy. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Source: Ronnie Fein