A hearty winter side dish that really fills you up. Pairs well with a simple chicken or fish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 2 oz fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz Shiitake mushrooms
- 5 (about 2 pounds) Sweet potatoes, medium-sized
- 2 (about 8 ounces) Onions, medium
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs or 1-1/2 tsp crushed dried rosemary/chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim white mushrooms. Remove and discard shiitake stems.
2 Peel and cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch slices. Cut onions in 1/2 inch wedges.
3 Cut garlic cloves in halves. In a large bowl, combine oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
4 Add mushrooms, sweet potatoes, onions and garlic; toss to coat. In two shallow roasting pans, arrange vegetables in a single layer.
5 Roast, stirring once, until tender, about 25 minutes. (Mixture can be roasted in advance and reheated in a hot oven.)
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com