This roasted lamb rack is braised and made extra succulent by using honey to lock in the moisture. The pomegranate Syrah sauce makes it even more special for a Holiday meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 lamb rack
- 1 tablespoon Manischewitz Honey
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon each freshly chopped thyme and marjoram
- 1 shallot or 1⁄2 onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 bottle Syrah (or Pinot Noir)
- 1⁄2 cup Manischewitz Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- Prepare the lamb rack by trimming most of the fat off and brushing with about 1/3 of the oil mixed with the honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub with the herbs.
- Heat 1/3 of the oil in a skillet and brown the lamb in it.
- Transfer into a pre-heated oven at 350°F and cook for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan and add the shallot or onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until translucent; add the pomegranate and wine and cook on high for 2-3 minutes. Add the broth, lower the temperature to medium and simmer until the sauce is reduced to about half.
- Serve the lamb with the sauce and sides of roasted butternut squash (or potatoes) and sautéed greens.