- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 large head garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, cut in 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 4 Tbsp. sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
2 Slice top off garlic head; place in small baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3 Place onion slices on sheet and brush onion with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
4 Bake garlic and onion until garlic cloves are light brown and soft and onion is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool.
5 Using fingers, squeeze out roasted garlic cloves into food processor; add sun-dried tomatoes.
6 Using on/off turns, process until almost smooth, adding a little oil to form paste. (Onions and garlic mixture can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
7 Spread garlic paste evenly over matzo. Top with mozzarella cheese, onion, pepper strips and feta cheese. Sprinkle wtih basil and parsley. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until melted.