It's an extra step to roast the garlic for this aioli, but it's so worth the wait. Roasted garlic has a milder flavor than fresh and makes this THE aioli to spread on sandwiches, burgers, and even top our Lacy Squash Latkes.
Use a good quality homemade, or store bought mayo made with extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 CupServings
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice ¼ inch off the top of a head of garlic, exposing the tops of the cloves inside. Drizzle cut garlic with evoo, and wrap in foil. Roast at 375°F for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned, soft, and very fragrant. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
3. Squeeze roasted garlic from bulb into a medium size bowl and mash with a fork until it becomes a paste. Combine garlic with mayonnaise, lemon zest, and hot sauce to create a fairly smooth dip. If you want a thinner dip, mix in lemon juice. Serve with Lacy Squash Latkes.