I am not a very big fan of fennel, but a friend suggested this recipe and i decided to give it a try, with 12 meals of chag i was running out of ideas! I waited with trepidation as the fennel roasted and then cooled, and when i finally tasted it I was blown away, the dash of citrus really balanced out the sharpness of the anise flavor!
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 3 or 4 whole fennel bulbs
- ¼ cup olive oil enough to drizzle
- ¼ cup lemon juice enough to drizzle
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Separate layers of the fennel and cut into chunks.
- Lay out in cookie sheet, avoiding too much overlapping.
- Drizzle olive oil lemon juice, salt and pepper over the fennel, not too much, just light drizzle.
- Roast uncovered 10-15 minutes at 350*
- WATCH until brown around the edges.
- Serve with olives if desired.