Roasting a medley of squash plus carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, and onions will enhance the naturally sweet and earthy flavors of these fall veggies. Top with Pomegranate Molasses and fresh pomegranate arils just before serving for a bright burst of sweet and tart flavors.
Take roasted veggies to the next level by sprinkling generously with Five-Minute Persillade Sauce when warm.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 - 6Servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, (not peeled, but scrubbed), cut into large dice
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 parsnip, cut into large dice
- 1 carrot, cut into large dice
- 1 red onion, cut into large dice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Garnishes: pomegranate arils, chopped flat leaf parsley, pomegranate molasses (see recipe)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss sweet potato, squash, parsnip, carrot, and onions with oil to coat and season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer vegetables to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Roast vegetables in the preheated oven, occasionally stirring, until browned, about 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Drizzle molasses on vegetables and garnish with pomegranate arils and parsley.