- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 large boneless chicken breast halves, skinned
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- 6 - 10- inch tortillas, warmed in aluminum foil in oven
1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
2 In a blender or food processor, combine garlic cloves, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and cumin until smooth.
3 Dip chicken breasts into vinegar mixture; save remaining mixture in refrigerator. Place breasts into a baking pan and bake uncovered, 30 minutes.
4 Turn breasts over and baste topsides with vinegar mixture; return to oven for another 30 minutes; basting occasionally with vinegar mixture.
5 When chicken is done, cut into strips and keep warm until ready to serve. (If you prefer to shred the chicken with a fork, bake 15 minutes longer).
6 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions, pepper strips and oregano. Cook about 15 minutes until onions and peppers are limp and tender, stirring often.
7 Divide onions and peppers equally among warm tortillas and top with chicken mixture; wrap. Serve immediately. Garnish with non dairy sour cream, salsa or guacamole, if desired.
Source: Wheat Foods Council