Combining three symbolic foods from the Jewish New Year, this easy to cook chicken dish will bring smiles to your guests' faces.
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 4 small crisp apples:(such as Empire or Braeburn), quartered
- 2 leeks,:halved crosswise and lengthwise
- 6 sprigs:fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons:olive oil
- 1 teaspoon:kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon:black pepper, divided
- 8 small chicken thighs:and drumsticks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- arials:from one pomegranate
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet (or in a large roasting pan), toss the apples, leeks, rosemary, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and nestle, skin-side up, among the apples and leeks.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the apples and leeks are tender.
- Before serving, sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the chicken, apples and leeks.
This recipe incorporates three of Rosh Hashana's symbolic foods in this tasty, simple main course.