This quick and versatile butternut squash recipe combines the wonderful flavors of fall.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 apple, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss squash, onion and olive oil together in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 30 minutes or until brown and tender.
4. Whisk together red wine vinegar and maple syrup. Pour over squash. Add the apples.
5. Roast another 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Remove squash from oven. Toss with walnuts and cranberries.