This angel hair past with curried pumpkin sauce can go either way - put a piece of roasted chicken on the pasta and then add the sauce, or keep it pareve for a vegetarian dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 pound cooked angle hair pasta
- 6 roasted chicken breasts or legs and thighs combination
1. Melt the margarine over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
2. Saute the garlic until just slightly brown. Add the pumpkin and tomato sauce. Thin the sauce to desired consistency with the rice milk.
3. Stir in curry powder to taste (at least 1 tablespoon.) and sprinkle with fresh black pepper. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes to blend flavors.
4. Divide the cooked pasta between 6 plates and place a piece of roasted chicken on top.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
You can also omit the chicken and toss the sauce with the noodles for a lite vegetarian dish.