Mayo free-this dish is a great addition to a summer buffet lunch.
- 12 ServingsServings
- 16 eggs
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup snipped chives
- 1/8th teaspoon black pepper
- Large pot/deep skillet with cover
- Large mixing bowl
- 4 cup mold
- Place eggs in pot/skillet. Pour in enough cold water to rise one inch above the eggs. Place pot over high flame and bring to a full boil. Cover pot and remove from heat. Allow eggs to remain in pot for 14 minutes before draining them and transferring them to a bowl of cold water. Peel eggs when cool.
- Insert disc with small holes into ricer. Rice the eggs, two at a time, into a large bowl. Gently, toss riced eggs with parsley, chives and pepper. Spoon egg mixture into mold and pack them down evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight.
- To unmold: Choose serving platter large enough to fit mold. Take a sharp knife or thin spatula and carefully go around the mold to loosen eggs. Place platter on top of mold and shake firmly.
- To decorate: Slice one pint of multi color cherry tomatoes in half. Mix with one cup drained pitted kalamata olives. Marinate in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar for 30 minutes before serving. Toss with one half cup shredded basil. Spoon tomato salad around mold.
- To serve: Present mold intact. Serve each person a slice of riced eggs with some tomato salad.