Editor's Note: These vegan Rice Wraps with Mushroom and Zucchini are so savory and fun to make. Be careful when handling the moistened rice wraps when rolling, as they are prone to tearing or sticking together.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 3 portabello mushrooms, stemmed and scooped out
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons toasted pie nuts
- Butter lettuce (or romaine)
- Rice wraps (found in asian food markets)
1. Slice portabello mushrooms and zucchini, then season with salt pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
2. In a hot grill pan grill the vegetables for 3 min on each side until grill marks form.
3. In a blender blend fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, parsley, salt, and olive oil until smooth.
4. To soften rice wraps soak in cool water for a few minutes, then remove gently immediately.
5. Layer lettuce over the rice wrap, then grilled veggies. Roll by first folding the outer edges then rolling inward until a cigar is formed.
Serve with dipping sauce.