This rice comes together extra quick when you use instant rice, but if you prefer to use regular rice, just increase the cooking time until the rice is fully cooked. You will love the combo of flavors and it looks pretty too.
Serve this rice pilaf with Honey-Glazed Skewered Beef.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup instant rice
- ½ cup angel hair, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pitted black olives, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat evoo in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in rice and pasta; mix well. Continue cooking, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add vegetable broth; stir and cover. Remove from heat.
3. Let sit for 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW.