- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Red Velvet Cake
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons rasberry syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 ¾ + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups pastry cream
- 1 ¾ cups cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ tablespoon gelatin
- 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Optional: wild berries or flowers for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-inch baking tray or line with parchment paper. (Can also use cupcake molds)
2. Whip together the sugar and the eggs. Fold in the raspberry syrup, then add baking powder and oil.
3. Transfer to baking tray. Bake 30-40 minutes. Remove and cool.
4. To prepare Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix ⅔ of the pastry cream in a mixer with the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
5. Heat the rest of the pastry cream, and add to the gelatin while still hot. Slowly add the mixture to the other ingredients. Mix and fold in whipped cream.
6. Once the cake is cool, slice in ½ (width) and frost with 1/3 of the frosting over ½ of the cake. Chill in fridge 30 minutes.
7. Layer the other ½ on top, then frost remainder of cake. After top frosting layer, decorate with wild berries or flowers.