Red pepper and sugar coated pecans give just the right combination of sweet and spicey to make one of the all-time greatest noshes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup pecans or walnut halves
1. In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt, and black and red peppers.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add pecans. Cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat to medium; sprinkle pecans with half of the reserved sugar and pepper mixture. Cook and stir until sugar melts, about 30 seconds.
4. Add remaining sugar and pepper mixture; cook and stir until sugar melts and coats nuts, about 40 seconds.
5. Place nuts on baking sheet; cool slightly and separate.
Store in a tightly covered container. This recipe can be double, even tripled.