This salad is festive, packed with vitamins, and full of flavor. You’ll want to make this a regular at your table. It adds a beautiful touch to any setting and also makes a great topping for fish tacos.
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 6 cups red cabbage, shredded (you may use packaged)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or lime
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- a pinch salt
- a pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Place cabbage and green onion in a large bowl. Stir together the lemon or lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, and sugar in a separate bowl. Pour dressing over the cabbage. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cilantro. Mix well. Chill for 1 hour or more.
If you are serving this salad as a topping for fish tacos (p.), cut the recipe in half.
You can serve this with a dollop of chipotle mayonnaise (p.104) and a sprig of cilantro for garnish.