Spice up your traditional Ravioli recipe with these delicious ingredients, including fresh tomatoes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 pound Roma tomatoes halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cup onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Capers, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 cups (1 1/2 pounds) Cooked cheese filled ravioli
1 In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
2 Grill tomatoes over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, then transfer to a clean bowl and allow to cool slightly.
3 When tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel away charred skin and discard.
4 Set aside tomatoes. Heat remaining olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat.
5 Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until tender.
6 Stir in California Ripe Olives, white wine, capers, tarragon and tomato paste.
7 Mix in grilled tomatoes and bring to a boil.
8 Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to break down tomatoes.
9 Remove from heat and toss with cheese ravioli just before serving.
Source: California Olive