- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 beef shoulder center steaks (ranch steak), cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- Black pepper, Salt
- Citrus-Jalapeño Mojo:3 cups bottled fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper
1 To prepare Citrus-Jalapeño Mojo, combine all mojo ingredients except salt and pepper in large saucepan; bring to a boil.
2 Boil 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1-1/2 cups. Strain and discard solids. Season sauce with salt and black pepper, as desired. Set aside.
3 Meanwhile, season beef steaks with black pepper, as desired. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
4 Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
5 Carve steaks into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Drizzle with some Citrus-Jalapeño Mojo. Serve with remaining mojo.