This is a take off a Rachael Ray fried chicken recipe that I made kosher and pan fried that has great flavor. If you can find a non dairy Ranch seasoning packet you can use that in place of the herbs and spices to make it a bit easier.
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup non dairy buttermilk (mix 1 cup soy milk mixed with 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup pareve sour cream
- 8 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Ziplock bag or paper bag
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. cayenne (if you like spice)
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- Combine soy milk mix with sour cream in a bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts in half to make it thinner. Season lightly with salt and pepper and submerge in soy milk-sour cream mixture.
- In a large pan heat a generous amount of oil until hot.
- In a large bag combine the flour, dill, garlic, onion, cayenne, chives and parsley.
- Add half the chicken to the bag and close the top and shake to coat. Add floured chicken to pan and the remaining chicken to bag. Pan fry 8-10 minutes. Serve hot and crispy.