This is a nice take on red kidney beans.
Yummy recipe, as spicy as you like.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 PeopleServings
- 2 15 oz can Red Kidney Beans One can use raw beans and pressure cook, if desired.
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 2 medium Onions
- 1 inch piece Fresh Ginger - chopped
- 6-8 cloves Garlic - chopped
- 3 medium Tomatoes Tomato Puree, Canned Diced Tomatoes can be used.
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 2 teaspoon Paprika or Red Chili Powder Choose your level of spice. Chili Powder is spicier.
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
Pressure cook beans with 5 cups of water and salt until totally cooked and soft. Set aside.
Heat oil over medium heat in a deep pan.
Add bay leaves and onion.
Add ginger and garlic.
Saute until the mixture is golden brown.
Add coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric powders.
Cook until the oil leaves the masala.
Add tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the beans along with their liquid and mix.
Add salt to taste and garam masala.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
Serve hot over steamed rice or with naan bread.