- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 scones ServingsServings
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup firm margarine or butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten, reserve 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk, 2%
- Struesel mix:3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 In medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut margarine into dry ingredients until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in eggs, sour cream, raisins and milk.
3 Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat into 10 x 11-inch rectangle. Cut into two 5 x 11-inch sections.
4 Mix streusel ingredients with a fork and lightly pat onto one piece of dough; cover with other piece. With a sharp knife, cut into triangles and place on un-greased baking sheet. Brush dough with reserved beaten egg.
5 Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Source: Wheat Foods Council