Better than the most luxurious chocolate, but only carob and fruit make up these amazing truffles. Raw vegan and absolutely delicious, perfect for Tu Bishvat with dates and carob.
- Prep Time
- 20 truffles ServingsServings
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup soaked raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1 tablespoon techina (sesame butter) or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1 pinch sea salt
- For dusting: carob powder, cacao powder, or shredded coconut
- Soak the raisins in the orange juice for 20 minutes.
- Process the almonds and sunflower seeds in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until it turns into a sticky dough.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Shape into balls.
- Roll in carob powder, cacao powder, or shredded coconut. Makes approximately 20 truffles
For a more textured truffle, do not add the whole raisins with the orange juice in the food processor, but gently fold them in whole afterwards.