This colorful vegetable lo mein is a yummy way to use up produce in the fridge, combined with egg noodles and a savory sauce based on Asian ingredients that are already in your pantry.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lo mein egg noodles, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or any neutral oil)
1. Heat ½ teaspoon oil, then sauteé the vegetables for 5 minutes on high flame, add in chopped garlic and sauteé for another minute, then remove all vegetables from the pot.
2. Combine wet ingredients, brown sugar, and melted coconut oil to make a sauce.
3. Add the other half of oil to the pan and sauteé the prepared noodles for a few minutes on high flame. Add in the sauce mixture and allow noodles to absorb half the liquid. Turn off the flame and mix in the vegetables.