I now share my new absolute all-time favorite coleslaw recipe. I will never buy coleslaw again (unless of course I don’t have time to make this!).
Variation: Don’t have tofu cream cheese on hand, or don’t care for it? Use tofu sour cream instead. Although if you don’t care for the pareve cream cheese I am guessing the sour cream is off your list too. Easy enough, just use 2/3 cup mayo and call it a day. Also try adding half a red onion thinly sliced for a slight bite.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/3 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Tofutti cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine cabbages, carrots and peppers in a large bowl.
Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, cream cheese, sugar, salt and pepper until creamy.
Pour desired amount of dressing over coleslaw mix and toss until well coated.
Store any remaining dressing in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3