- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 ServingsServings
- 1 pound Radiatore, Rotini, or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 6 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, fresh or frozen salmon fillets, cooked and chopped, or 2 7 1/2-oz. cans salmon, drained and flaked
- papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped (if unavailable, substitute 1 mango or 2 peaches, or 2 nectarines, or 1 15-oz. can papaya or favorite fruit in light syrup, drained and chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded, ribs removed and finely minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 drops hot sauce
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a medium bowl.
2 While pasta is still warm, mix in vegetable oil.
3 . Season with freshly ground black pepper. Set pasta aside to cool.
4 In a medium mixing bowl, add the salmon, papaya, tomatoes, scallions, yellow pepper and cucumber. Toss together with pasta.
5 In a small bowl, combine the jalapeño, cilantro, both vinegars and hot sauce.
6 . Toss the pasta with the dressing and refrigerate. Serve well chilled.
Source: National Pasta Association