This complete meal utilizes the ancient super grain quinoa which is loaded with nutrients, amino acids and flavor when combined with a few simple spices and a quick sautéed chicken breast.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1¼ cup water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed several times until water runs clear
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. In a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika and salt and stir to combine. Rub spice mixture all over chicken breast.
2. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
3. Transfer chicken to 400°F oven and cook 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
4. While chicken is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add zucchini and sauté 5 minutes. Add green onion and garlic powder and sauté 2 minutes more. Stir in garbanzo beans, water, salt, pepper and quinoa and bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook 12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and fluff with a fork before serving with sliced chicken breast.