This versatile quinoa pilaf is easy and delicious. i originally conceived this recipe when i was craving quinoa with spinach and tofu, but i have since made it without the tofu or substitute tofu with other light proteins, my favorites have been Sous-vide salmon and lightly grilled chicken breast.
This pilaf is good hot or cold.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup pre-washed quinoa
- 16 ounce onion stock (2 tablespoons onion soup mix dissolved in 2 cups hot water)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- Worchestire sauce, to coat tofu
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and cut into shreds
- oil for sautéing
- Cut the Tofu into crouton sized croutons and marinate in Worchestire Sauce. set aside
- Boil the quinoa in soup stock in 1.5qt stock-pot (it needs to be big enough to fit all the other vegetables) for about 10-15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, saute the garlic, mushrooms and onion. (i sometimes add another tablespoon of onion soup mix to the vegetables, optional) When they are browned remove from pan.
- In the same pan, lightly seared the cubes of tofu until each side is lightly browned and lightly crunchy.
- When quinoa is cooked, add in the spinach, mushrooms, garlic & onion mixture and the tofu. Stir well until combined.
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit for about 10 minutes (until spinach is wilted)
Optional sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese while hot