Tthese quinoa stuffed potatoes do take a little time with baking the potato and all. But, they score big points with me because they can be made ahead and even frozen. I also like dishes that are super tasty for me, but easy to adjust to make kid-friendly. In the case of my boys, I left the artichokes and capers out and topped them with cheddar cheese.
- Prep Time
- 8 as side, 4 as main ServingsServings
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup non fat Greek Yogurt (or vegan yogurt or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoon light boursin cheese
- 2/3 cup fresh basil, divided
- 6 ounce artichoke hearts
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup provolone cheese (optional – vegan cheese or a sprinkle of nutritional yeast would be nice too!)
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 50 minutes or until soft.
- Combine quinoa, yogurt, 1/2 cup basil, artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic and capers. Add in salt and pepper and stir well.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly, and cut in half. Scoop out insiders, leaving 1/4 inch shell. Mash potatoes with a fork and add to quinoa mixture.
- Place shells in an oven safe dish and scoop quinoa mixture into shells. Top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with remaining basil and tomatoes and enjoy.
Source: Quinoa Recipes